The key to financing your project is to know who these providers are and what their criteria is before you submit a proposal. The tax structure set up for the development (i.e. The Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and subsequently debt security/lending recourse to that structure).
- The type and size of the development (number of lots/dwellings, single, group or multi dwellings).
- The location of the development (suburb/postcode).
- Personal profile (your experience as a developer).
- Are you developing to hold and rent or developing to sell (trading or holding activity)?
- Presales evidence by way of contracts if developing to sell (if presales are a policy requirement of the lender or specified for your project given the level of debt sought, product type and/or location of the development).